The next time you’re in Liverpool on business, don’t let your trip be all work and no play. With so much to see and do in our wonderful city, we have put together the ultimate downtime guide for conference delegates! So, if you have time to ditch your delegate pass and leave the emails in your room, make sure to make the most of what’s on offer in lovely Liverpool…
Whether you have a few hours to spare or a whole day of down time, here are some of the best spots in Liverpool that we recommend visiting.
1. Take a stroll through the stunning St. George’s Quarter, home to Liverpool’s World Museum, Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool Central Library and St. John’s Memorial Gardens.
2. Visit the Beatles Museum and find out more about the iconic foursome, the most famous band to come out of Liverpool.
3. Take a walk around the Royal Albert Dock and take in the scenery of the beautiful listed buildings and views across the River Mersey.
4. Take a trip to the top of St. John’s Beacon, where you can enjoy the breath-taking panoramic views of Liverpool, from 452 ft.
5. Visit the Cavern Club, one of Liverpool’s most visited music venues, most famously known as the place where the Beatles musical identity was formed.
If you have extra time to spare on your next business trip to Liverpool, from relaxing at the theatre to a game of crazy mini golf, here are some of our best recommendations for down time in the city.
1. If you’re a foodie with a love for street food, the Baltic Market is the perfect place to sample lots of tasty dishes. Located in the Baltic Triangle, it is just a short walk or drive from the city centre.
2. With some of the best shopping the UK has to offer, if you have time to shop during your next business trip to Liverpool, make sure to drop by Liverpool ONE and check out all of the high street and designer stores.
3. If you’re looking for something to really let your hair down, why not book a round of crazy golf at Ghetto Golf - an old abandoned brewery, turned into an 18-hole mini golf course, with a bar. It’s the perfect way to unwind after a long day of meetings or seminars.
4. If you’re looking for something a bit more relaxing after a long day of work, why not catch a show at one of the many theatres around the city. From the Empire Theatre, Royal Court, Everyman and Playhouse and The Philharmonic Theatre there are a whole host of shows to choose from, all year round.
No matter whether you are headed out for breakfast, lunch or dinner there are lots of wonderful restaurants around Liverpool City Centre, but here are a few that we think are worth a visit.
1. Take in the tastes of Bold Street, with lots of unique and independent restaurants to choose from, you will never be stuck for choice. Enjoy the relaxing ambiance of Leaf, the quirky atmosphere of Mowgli, the authentic Italian dishes of The Italian Club or the delicious flavours on offer at Maray.
2. Head over to Castle Street for some tasty cuisine and choose from the cosmopolitan Gino’s Italian restaurant, Bacaro, a tapas style restaurant serving both Italian and Spanish dishes or Santa Maluco Rodizio, a trendy pizzeria and cocktail bar.
3. Dine on the Docks and enjoy dinner with a view while savoring the flavours of Lunyalita, a quaint tapas style restaurant overlooking the Royal Albert Dock, Gusto a classic Italian restaurant overlooking the River Mersey or PANAM a plush restaurant serving both British cuisine and cocktails.
4. Don’t go far from the shopping district of Liverpool ONE and enjoy a succulent steak at Brown’s Brasserie, relax and dine in the atmospheric Cosy Club or take in the tastes of the small tapas plates at Salt House Tapas.
Enjoy an after-dinner drink at some of the best and quirky bars in Liverpool. Here are a few that we recommend, with great drinks and cocktail lists.
1. Head over to the Underground Gin Society, where you can sample lots of different gins, while relaxing in the cosy atmosphere of the underground bar itself.
2. Stop by Rox, a trendy and cosmopolitan cocktail bar, serving a whole host of fabulous drinks and cocktails.
5. Enjoy a relaxing drink at Red Door, a thriving bar with a great atmosphere and a drinks list with lots of quirky and exclusive cocktails.
6. Head down to Liverpool ONE’s Terrace, for a drink at The Club House, a quaint, but sophisticated bar, serving a whole host of drinks and cocktails too.
If you have an upcoming business trip to Liverpool, book your accommodation with us for a fantastic location, right in the heart of Liverpool City Centre. You can find all of our best available rates here.
If you are looking for meeting space in Liverpool, we offer a great range of meeting rooms and facilities, suitable for up to 400 delegates. Check out all of our meeting facilities here.